Making of a mashup.

Warning: Totally un-sewing or BOgear related... but still this got my attention this week.

Okay, being a geek who works with his hands and loves seeing things be made, this really got my attention.  And shut up if this is old news on the intertubes, as I usually live under a rock... its new to me alright?!

WTF is this?

Well, this is a visual representation of how a mashup is put together.  I often listen to songs but find it hard to dissect the different tracks or layers.  For instance when listening to a tune I generally follow the musical melody, rather than the lyrics.  So discovering this visual representation of the layers of a song, and how they interact with the other (ie. how shit is made) really made me geek out... it blew my mind (not hard to do really is it?)

Okay, I'll stop geeking out and let Cameron Adams (the guy who made this) do the talking:

"This visualisation of the song "Definitive Daft Punk" by Cameron Adams dissects a mashup 
in realtime to show you how each of the 23 parts contributes to the greater whole."

Interested?  Head on over and check it out.  You get to see how each track relates to the other, when it starts and finishes, artistically visually, graphically, and aurally.  It not only is a "how stuff is made" but also a good tune (heavy metal heads need not follow the link).  Head over to the Definitive Daft Punk Visualisation to find out more...

No comments:

Post a Comment